Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Endings


Last night was a "happy ending". We went to the airport to meet Jennifer and Charli Grace arriving from their twelve day trip to China. Today's technology made the trip easier for us. We talked with them (and saw them) with Skype almost every day. The thing was, both of my children and my granddaughter were six thousand miles away in a foreign country. They weren't a quick drive or flight away. Mothers get uneasy when they know they can't get to their children quickly. Technology helped again when we were able to monitor their flight status and knew immediately when their plane landed. We were so happy to be reunited. Chad and Conner were delirious with joy. They had been so lonesome while the feminine side of their family was away. Julie had to take a later flight out of Chicago to Houston. Her plane landed at 11:00 and I'm sure David was as anxious as we had been in Birmingham. Once I knew all my children were with their families and safe, I had a contented night's sleep. Thank you God for keeping watch over my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment