Sunday, March 22, 2009

China


China is on the other side of the world. As children, we always joked about digging a hole so deep that we would end up in China. Now, China has given my family a great blessing in a small package. Charli Grace, formerly known as Ming Ming, is my grandaughter. She became my grandaughter the day her mother, Jennifer, saw her photo on a "Waiting Child" site and fell instantly in love with her. Adopting a child is not a simple process. Add another country and thousands of miles into the equation, and it becomes insurmountable to the faint of heart. Jennifer and Chad are NOT faint-of-heart. When they first shared their desire to adopt from China, I was again dumbfounded. (This will be a common theme in my posts. My children announce their newest adventure and I am dumbfounded.) My mind raced with a million questions, how, how much, who, when, where and why? Then I zeroed in on, "Why do you want to adopt a waiting child?" Their logical response was that a waiting child needed them the most. (For those of you how aren't familiar, a waiting child is a child that has some type physical limitation.) Little Ming Ming has congenital glaucoma and cataracts. Her vision is limited. God knew that Jennifer and Chad were the perfect parents for Ming Ming and He set about to knock down huge obstacles and place her in their arms much more quickly than we could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment